Post Bump – Ultimate Cookbook List!
Reader Submitted List!
This is an older post but given the creeping holiday season, I decided to bump it in case anyone needed gift ideas. Enjoy!
A couple of weeks ago I posted an open call for the very best cookbooks. I wanted to compile a list of cookbooks that had been vetted by readers. The idea for this list came from my frustration with the shear amount of cookbooks out there….it’s hard to know which ones are good and which ones are crap. So, here it is. If you would like to add a book to the list, just leave a comment and I will update the list accordingly. Make sure to send the list to your friends. Check out the comments section of the original post to see who submitted and please make sure to visit their site!
Must-Have Cookbook List after the jump…
Ultimate Cookbook List!
1. The Joy of Cooking – Irma S. Rombauer
2. The Silver Palate Cookbook – Rosso & Lukins
3. The Dean & Deluca Cookbook – David Rosengarten
4. The Bread Bible – Rose Levy Beranbaum
5. Tartine Cookbook – Prueitt/Robertson
6. How to Cook Everything – Mark Bittman
7. The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking – Marcella Hazan
8. Kennedy Kitchen: Recipes and Recollections of a Great American Family – Neil Connolly
9. Jamie’s Italy – Jamie Oliver
10. Betty Crocker Cookbook
11. French Laundry – Thomas Keller
12. Cake Bible – Rose Levy Beranbaum
13. Baking Illustrated: A Best Recipe Classic by The Editors of Cooking Illustrated Magazine
14. The Great Book of French Cuisine: Revised Edition – Henri-Paul Pellaprat and Jeremiah Tower.
15. Donna Hay Flavors
16. Bread Baker’s Apprentice – Peter Reinhart
17. Appetite – Nigel Slater
18. Definately Baking: From my Home to Yours – Dorie Greenspan
19. Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone – Deborah Madison
20. Jamie at Home – Jamie Oliver
21. The Zuni Cafe Cookbook
22. I’m Just Here for the Food, version 2.0 – Alton Brown
23. Kitchen Diaries – Nigel Slater
24. Whole Foods Market cookbook
25. Barefoot Contessa at Home – Ina Garten