Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe – Silver Palate
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies – Silver Palate Chocolate Chip
Chocolate chip cookies don’t need much of an introduction. They’re delicious, and classic, and super easy to make. This recipe comes from one of my FAVORITE COOKBOOKS, The Silver Palate!
Silver Palate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease cookie sheet.(I use a silpat)
- Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir in, mixing thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips to batter and form cookies by using a SMALL scoop or spoon…these cookies spread out a lot, so you must make small balls of batter!
- Place 2 rows of three cookies on each sheet and sprinkle each cookie with a bit of kosher salt….sounds weird, but it makes all of the difference!
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or just until outside edges are brown.
- Cool on sheet for 5 minutes and transfer cookies to cooling racks.
Over The Hill and On A Roll http://overthehillandonaroll.com/