Gruyere Grilled Cheese With Prosciutto and Mustard
Gruyere Grilled Cheese
When you’re feeling down or depressed, try making this gruyere grilled cheese sandwich. It’s yummy and cheesy and full of goodness and will instantly make you feel better.
Sliced Gruyere cheese is layered with thin slices of prosciutto and then placed inside thick slices of sourdough bread that has been spread with butter on the outside and mustard on the inside.
Don’t Skimp On The Good Bread
The key to this grilled cheese is the quality of the bread. I’ve used slices of my Tartine Country Loaf for this recipe which really makes all the difference. Sliced nice and thick and smothered in butter, the sandwich gets a nice golden color on the outside from the grilling.
Grilled on a cast iron skillet until all the cheese melts, this sandwich is the perfect comfort food…for any mood!
- 2 slices of good sourdough bread
- 4 ounces of gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Butter one side of each slice of bread
- Spread mustard on other side of each slice of bread
- Place both slices of bread on a heated cast iron skillet, butter side down
- Add cheese to one slice as it grills
- Add prosciutto to other slice
- As cheese melts combine both slices and flip until both sides are brown.